Nikon D71oo is the upgraded version of earlier D7000, comes with high-density 51-point AF system and it has DX-format CMOS sensor with 24.1 effective megapixels. Nikon Europe’s presentation of the camera describes the D7100 as the company’s ‘flagship DX model’.
For the first time the D7100’s sensor lacks an optical low-pass filter (OLPF). The glass pentaprism optical viewfinder realizing approx. 100% frame coverage. Compared to the earlier D7000, the D7100 doesn’t just offer an upgraded sensor with a higher pixel-count. It also features a significantly upgraded AF system, with 51 AF points as opposed to 39 in the older model that the D7100 can focus sharply on some of the most elusive of subjects.
It has Nikon’s exclusive image-processing engine EXPEED 3 handles multiple tasks at ultra-fast peeds hile maintaining high precision in order to maximize the potential of 24.1 megapixels in stills and movies. It also intrtoduce newly employed, wide-viewing-angle, 8-cm/3.2-in., approx. 1229k-dot, LCD monitor with an RGBW alignment for enhanced visibility.
The D7100 is capable of clear and exquisite image quality across ISO 100 to 6400, which can go up to Hi 2, an ISO 25600 equivalent. The camera’s intelligent noise-reduction system delivers smooth, saturated color without sacrificing fine detail, even with low-contrast subjects, in both stills and movies.
The most preferable feature is it educed from the D7000, the D7100 weighs a mere approx. 675 g/1 lb 7.8 oz (body only). With excellent capturing power, exquisite detail reproduction and depiction performance encapsulated in this compact, lightweight body, the camera demonstrates great agility. In energy-saving design that achieves approx. 950 frames and 7 shots continuous shooting.
Nikon D7100 key features
- 24.1MP DX format CMOS sensor, with no OLPF
- EXPEED 3 processing
- ISO 100-6400 standard, up to 25600 expanded
- Max 6 fps continuous shooting in DX mode, 7fps in 1.3X crop mode
- 51 point AF system, 15 sensors cross type
- 2016 pixel RGB metering sensor
- Spot white balance in live view mode
- 1080 60i/30p video recording, built-in stereo mic, mic jack and audio monitoring jack
- Pentaprism with 100% coverage and 0.94X magnification
- 3.2″, 1.2m-dot LCD screen (640 x 480 X RGBW)
- Front and rear IR receivers
- Equivalent water and dust resistance to D800/D300S
Buy Nikon D7100 from amazon